Enjoy the following Spanish/Portuguese films this Fall:
Click here to see the International Cinema poster.
Four Days in September: September 19-23
- Based on a true story, the film follows a group of idealists who join a terrorist organization called MRB in 1969. Together they kidnap the American Ambassador to Brazil in order to fight the dictatorial regime.
Neruda: October 3-7
- In 1948 Chile, an investigator hunts down world famous poet Pablo Neruda, who has become a fugitive in his native country for joining the Communist Party.
The Distinguished Citizen: October 17-21
- Nobel Prize winning author, Daniel Mantovani, accepts an invitation to visit the hometown of his youth in Argentina. Things get awkward because his novels are all inspired by the people of the town.
Julieta: October 24-28
- After a chance encounter reveals her long-lost daughter’s location, a mother must confront her life and reflect on the important circumstances that led to her daughter’s disappearance.
Hermia and Helena: December 5-9
- An Argentinian theater director travels to New York City in order to develop a Spanish translation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but once she arrives she receives a series of mysterious postcards.